Experience, learn, share and discuss the Wəlastəkw [St. John River] at this multi-day event!
When, Where & What - More Details to Come
Thursday, September 28
- Wəlastəkw Watershed Meeting [closed session]
Friday, September 29
- Watershed Conversations at the Diamond Jubilee Cruise Terminal.
- Environmental Trade Fair in the atrium of Market Square.
- Opening Reception.
Saturday, September 30 – A day of learning and community action through field trips:
- Ecological restoration and community planting event at Seaside Park in the city's West Side, including kayaking on the Saint John Harbour!
- Lunch and open house at the Social Enterprise Hub.
- Be a part of a transformative water event and river restoration planning session for Tucker Park, in conjunction with the City of Saint John and the Tucker Park Recreation Association at the Social Enterprise Hub.
Filming of this incredible environmental event will also take place as part of Hemmings House Pictures Ltd. and ACAP Saint John's new 'Watershed' film series.
Friday, September 29 - Event AGENDA
9:00 Traditional Welcome
9:30 "Watershed Snapshot" from the Maliseet Nation Conservation Council & ACAP-SJ
10:00 Health Break
10:20 Water Conversation I: River & Freshwater Health
11:10 Water Conversation II: Freshwater and Climate Change
Noon Lunch [provided]
13:00 Water Conversation III: Watershed Management, Engagement and Action
14:15 Health Break
14:40 Planning for Action Working Session
15:20 Traditional Closing
16:00 Environmental Trade Fair at Market Square [until 18:00]
HOsts and Sponsors